Soil, Water and Nutrient Management Meetings Announced
By CPTPComm | 2:58 PM, 10/19/2018
The University of Wisconsin-Extension in conjunction with UW-Madison Department of Soil Science will conduct eight Soil, Water and Nutrient Management Meetings Nov. 27 – Dec. 6, 2018 around the state to provide research updates in the field of soil management, fertility, and nutrient management.
Presentations include: – Cover crops and nutrient management – Can we use soil health tests for fertilizer recommendations? – Evaluating fall manure BMPs – Sampling soils and plants in Wisconsin – Are FGD and SDA calcium sulfite worth using? – Soil compaction issues after a wet fall – recap – Wisconsin nutrient management update
Speakers include UW-Extension Soil Specialists Carrie Laboski, Matt Ruark and Francisco Arriaga; Andrew Stammer, Director of the Soil & Forage Analysis Laboratory; and Sue Porter, Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection.
Meetings will held from 10:00am to 3:00pm with a lunch break between 12:00pm and 1:00pm. Registration is $45 per person. Lunch and a packet with relevant resources are included with registration. It is requested to contact the host of the location you are interested in attending to pre-register at least 1-week prior to the event to save a seat, meal, and materials packet. Continued Education Units (CEUs) for Certified Crop Advisers will be provided (2.0 NM and 2.0 SW).
The schedule for the meetings is:
– Tuesday, November 27: DeForest at Comfort Inn, 5025 County Hwy V. Contact: Heidi Johnson, UW-Extension Dane County at 608-224-3716. Please register online at fyi.uwex.edu/danecountyag/upcoming-ag-programs/
– Wednesday, November 28: Eau Claire at Clarion Hotel, 2703 Craig Road. Contact: Mark Hagedorn, UW-Extension Eau Claire County, 227 First St., Altoona, WI 54720; 715-839-4712.
– Thursday, November 29: Sparta at Jake’s Northwoods, 1132 Angelo Rd., Hwy 21. Contact: Bill Halfman, UW-Extension Monroe County, 14345 Co. Hwy B, Rm. 1, Sparta, WI 54656; 608-269-8722.
– Friday, November 30: Marshfield at Marshfield Ag Research Station Auditorium, 2611 Yellowstone Dr. Contact: Evan Henthorne, UW-Extension Adams County, 569 N. Cedar St. Ste. 3, Adams, WI 53910; 608-339-4237.
– Monday, December 3: Juneau at Dodge County Admin Bldg., 127 Oak St. Contact: Laure Dei, UW-Extension Dodge County, Admin Bldg. 127 Oak St., Juneau, WI 53039; 920-386-3790.
– Tuesday, December 4: Kiel at Millhome Super Club, 3 miles East on Hwy. 57/31. Contact: Mike Ballweg, UW-Extension Sheboygan County, 5 University Dr., Sheboygan, WI 53081; 920-459-5904.
– Wednesday, December 5: Cecil at The Main Event, 206 North Lemke St. Contact: Kimberly Kassube, UW-Extension Shawano County, Courthouse, Rm. 101, 311 N. Main St., Shawano, WI 54166; 715-526-6136.
– Thursday, December 6: Dodgeville at Iowa County Health and Human Services Bldg., 303 W. Chapel St. Contact: Gene Schriefer, UW-Extension Iowa County, 303 W. Chapel St., Ste. 1200, Dodgeville, WI 53533; 608-930-9850.