Registration for the 66th WI Land+Water Annual Conference is now open!
By CPTPComm | 1:39 PM, 12/20/2018
Registration for the Wisconsin Land + Water 66th Annual Conference is now OPEN! Plan to join at the Grand Geneva Resort in Lake Geneva from March 13-15, 2019. The conference kicks off on Wednesday, March 13, with an opening luncheon, youth speaker presentations, and keynote. With 40 breakout sessions, the awards banquet, silent auction, raffle, annual business meeting, and networking opportunities, you won’t want to miss it!
The Wisconsin Land + Water conference provides dozens of valuable, up-to-date professional improvement breakout sessions and training for county staff and supervisors, agency partners, and any conservation professionals across the state. The content of these sessions varies depending on statewide input and current issues, and typically range for agricultural management, wildlife habitat restoration, and urban stormwater practices. The sessions provide Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) and Professional Development Hours (PDHs) for technical staff to maintain current licenses and knowledge of best practices in the field.
Their annual business meeting is held the last morning of the conference. This meeting includes updates from the WI Land+Water Board of Directors, a forum for discussion, and voting on resolutions or other issues.
Other events occurring at the conference include:
- Keynote speakers
- Statewide Youth Conservation Poster & Speaking Contests, with winning speeches presented during the opening luncheon
- Awards banquet honoring the WI Land+Water Conservation Award winners
- Area Association meetings
- Land & Water Conservation Board candidate speeches and voting
- Social Hour
- Silent Auction to benefit Youth Education programs
- Raffle to benefit LCC & LCD training scholarships