2018 SnapPlus Trainings Planned across the State in December
By CPTPComm | 10:33 AM, 11/15/2018
SnapPlus & SnapMaps have come a long way in the last year and it’s time for some training so you can learn all the functions that exist and see if there are any new or improved tools that could help you do things better or faster or maybe even both! It is also time to become comfortable with the new 590 standard as well as the new checklist that everyone should be using by now. 18.0 is out, so if you haven’t updated from 16.3 yet, now is the time to get all the new tools and bug fixes!
2018 SnapPlus Training Locations & Dates
Dec 5th: Fennimore: Southwest Tech College, 1800 Bronson Blvd, Fennimore, WI 53809, Main Building, Room 493
Dec 7th: Eau Claire: Chippewa Valley Tech College, West Campus – Energy Education Center, 4000 Campus Road, Eau Claire WI 54703, Room 132
Dec 11th: Jefferson: County Government Office, 864 Collins Rd., Jefferson 53549
Dec 13th: Wausau: Room #2 at 212 River Drive, Wausau
Dec 14th: Mauston: Western Technical College, 1000 College Avenue, Mauston, WI 53948
Dec 17th: Luxemburg: Kewaunee County Fairgrounds, 625 Third Street, Luxemburg 54217
Dec 20th: Madison: DATCP, Room 090, 2811 Agriculture Dr. Madison, WI 53708
All: 9:30am – 12:30pm
3 NM CCA credits are pending
The agenda will be flexible to the needs of the audience but will cover:
What you need to know:
- New 590 standard
- New checklist
- Where to go for help and resources
- Winter spreading plans
- Spreader calibration
- Starter fertilizer (customize timing, type)
- Rusle2 corrections
- Spreadable acres and partial field applications
- Pastures/grazing requirements
What you’ll be happy to know:
- Nutrient system editor
- New ways to select data and make groups
- Copying crop rotations
- Merging fields
- SnapMaps updates including thematic maps and customized labeling & field display
- Automated spreadable acres for different winter and non-winter spreading rates
- Automated daily log template unique to your farm
- Whole farm settings (winter practices, soils acknowledgements)
- New copy function in rotation wizard
- Bulk Reports
What do we need to know?
- Bring your questions and ideas!
We will also discuss the QAT findings and plans for SnapPlus 19.0. Note that there is an assumption that class participants are familiar with the basics of SnapPlus. If you are a brand new, please watch the Getting Started Playlist before our training.
RSVPs are required in case we need to cancel or reschedule. Simply email Stephanie.Schneider@wisconsin.gov and answer the following:
- The location where you’ll be attending.
- If you would like to use one of our laptops. (Note that if you bring your own we will have the newest version of SnapPlus 18 available for you to download (come 10 mins early)
- If you work with CAFOs.
- Any questions, problems or suggestions for things you’d like to cover.
Can’t make it?
- The Dec 20th meeting in Madison will be live streamed and recorded and posted for future viewing.
- Join us at The Agribusiness Classic in Madison January 16th, see the agenda here (which includes a session just for GIS basics).
- You can also keep an eye on the training calendar on the SnapPlus website for opportunities in your area.
- Watch for YouTube video updates and be sure to check out the “What’s New” section in SnapPlus’ Help Menu (which is very robust and usually can provide some answers).
- Contact myself, Sue Porter, Mark Jenks or Ryan Erisman for additional training.