Silage Leachate Runoff Training Course
SUBJECT: Agenda for Silage Leachate Collection and Runoff Control Course, January 19, 2016 to be held at the WDATCP/NRCS office at 3369 W. Brewster St. Appleton, WI 54914
9:30-10:30 am Planning Silage Leachate Runoff Systems-We will discuss whether or not a resource concern exists, developing the management and site assessment, and a review of past installations.
10:30-until complete Design-This portion will focus on the design computations needed
to support the construction plan. We will cover:
* Manual vs. pumped systems
* Determining leachate volume
* Sizing leachate & contaminated runoff collection tanks
* Pump Design/Selection
* Vegetated Treatment Area (VTA) sizing
* VTA routing (diverting flow rates exceeding 25% of 25-yr, 24-hr storm event)
* Utilizing the NRCS Feed Storage Area Runoff Treatment Spreadsheet
* Feed pad slab design
The training will be work through a typical design example. Please bring a computer if you can. Handouts will be provided.
We will break an hour for lunch which will be on your own.
Engineering Certification/Job Approval Authority Credit hours: 6
Appleton, Wisconsin 54914