Growing Winter Wheat Profitably
Learn management strategies that maintain yield and quality as well as marketing strategies to maximize price. Farmers and soil specialists will also share how introducing wheat into a crop rotation can improve profitability over the entire rotation.
Topics and presenters:
- Choosing successful winter wheat varieties, staging wheat and fertility management – Shawn Conley, UW Soybean and Small Grain Specialist
- Winter wheat diseases and fungicide selection and timing – Damon Smith, UW Field Crops Plant Pathologist
- Using winter wheat and cover crops in your rotation to improve your soil – Jamie Patton, Outreach Specialist for the Nutrient and Pest Management Program
- Marketing winter wheat to maximize profits – Brenda Oft,Commodity Broker and Farm Market Consultant for Midwest Market Management
- Introducing winter wheat into a rotation to increase rotational profitability – Heidi Johnson, Dane County UW-Extension Crops and Soils Agent and Jeff Gaska, Dodge County Farmer
The cost of the workshop is $15, including lunch and refreshments and takes place at the Arlington Research Station Public Events Building.
Arlington, Wisconsin 53911